- This event has passed.
February 27 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm UTC+10
An open forum to discuss a specific topic chosen by the group.
New people are always welcome to attend our Meet Ups. Get in touch with us at: Info@PathwaysMelbourne.org.au
Please note that Meet Ups are strictly for anyone who may be questioning or transitioning away from their Orthodox community or have already left. For the confidentiality and safety of those attending, please don’t bring others with you without contacting us first.
We’d love to see you on there!
OUR PATHWAYS MELBOURNE ‘VALUES’. We each bring our own background to Meet Ups, but we agree to the following common values:
1. We accept and respect that there are many ways to transition towards self-determination.
2. We accept and respect that everyone has a right to feel safe – physically, emotionally and psychologically.
3. We accept and respect that Pathfinders may have mixed feelings about participating.
4. We can choose to speak or say nothing.
5. We accept and respect that Pathfinders will take their journeys at their own pace and in directions of their own choosing.
6. We accept and respect that we are all entitled to confidentiality and to being in full control of our own disclosures.
7. We accept and respect that your story is yours – no one else can share it.
8. We agree not to identify anyone within this group to anyone outside this group.
9. We accept and respect that we are the experts of our own lives.
10. We accept everyone communicates differently and everyone has a right to be heard in their own time, in their own way.
11. We can disagree without being disagreeable.
12. We will think about how people might receive what we say.
13. We will be non-judgmental of one another.
14. We will respect one another’s differences and treat each other with kindness and dignity, even when our opinions differ.