Each week we will highlight what organisations and individuals have been working on. Something to note is that the majority of the work being done is by volunteers. We have an incredible community and together we are stronger!
Fed Square Balloons of Hope installation
🎈A heartfelt thank you to everyone involved in the Fed Square Balloons of Hope installation. The dedication and collaboration of our volunteers and committee brought this project to life, and it wouldn’t have been possible without each and every one of you. The successful execution of installation required meticulous logistics, and everyone rose to the occasion. The installation garnered widespread positive support from the public. The media coverage and representation by our MPs added a powerful dimension to our message, ensuring it resonated strongly – bring the hostages home. #bringthemhome #communityunity #collaboration #volunteering
@zionismvictoria @habayit.au @unitedwithisraelaunz
Australian Women For Israel
- 300 emails sent to MPs to free the hostages via https://freethehostages.good.do/bringthemhome/release-the-hostages/
- Over 300 emails sent directly from group network to thank the former Australian PM’s for supporting Israel and the Australian Jewish population
10,000 Letters for IDF and Victims
- 2,110 letters to IDF.
Melbourne Jewish Community Volunteers
- 825 volunteers
- Coordinated 13 volunteers to the Fed Sq installation Nov 1st
- Coordinated 15 volunteers for Magen David Adom to hand out flyers at rally in Park Nov 3rd
- Organised 27 Volunteers for the Pram Parade Nov 5th
- Organised 20 Volunteers for the Send Them Hope project Nov 6th
- Assembled 5 Volunteers for 1 Bracelet social Media campaign
- Organised donation team of 12 to secure donated food from community for hardworking material aid volunteers
- Found 48 Volunteers for the Tzi for love project
- All Jewish community initiatives and organisations are welcome to call out for volunteers and admin their own group and manage communications.
- Feedback from the volunteers:
- “Thank you for allowing us to contribute”.
- “The new what’s app group is a fantastic way to hear about opportunities to volunteer”.
- “I hope we get to volunteer again”.
- Thank you to Mama Falafel for providing lunch
United With Israel & Team OZ
- Posters all around the streets of Melbourne
- 13 billboards live across Australia, displaying the faces of those innocent babies, children, women, men and elderly who were cruelly abducted by Hamas. We demand their safe return, healthy and as full of life as when they were taken. We will not rest until they are back home with their families. #BringThemHomeNOW #HamasIsISISהחל מהיום ניבטים משלושה-עשר שלטי חוצות הפזורים ברחבי יבשת אוסטרליה, פניהם של הנשים, הגברים, הקשישים, הילדים והתינוקות שנחטפו באכזריות על ידי חמאס. לא נשקוט עד שיחזרו בשלום למשפחותיהם מלאי חיים ובריאים, בדיוק כפי שהם נראים בתמונות.
- Collection of new items, mainly underwear and socks, to send to Israel on Monday 23 October and the response from the community was incredible. Within 2 days 150+ cartons filled and thanks to a generous donor, these items were flown to Israel and received a few days later.
- The donations from the community, and corporate donors kept coming, and thanks to them and 100+ volunteers helping, we have sorted and packed 700+ cartons which will be flown to Israel soon.
- Working with a well-established charity in Israel who is managing the distribution of the items to families in need, and displaced families.
- The coordination and running of this operation is nothing short of miraculous….to be able to achieve all of this in such a short period of time.
- We even had a graphic designer, and printer donate to create the beautiful stickers on each box, letting them know that the items came with love from Melbourne Australia
Our Village Kitchen
OVK has been raising funds that go direct to local communities in Israel who are volunteering their time to cook hot, nourishing meals made with love for the IDF. In the coming weeks we will be supporting other heart-warming initiatives with further donations we receive. With our donations, over 1000 meals have been cooked and delivered. Next week another 400 meals will be made with our support. 100% of our donations go direct to these efforts https://www.ourvillagekitchen.com.au/donation
JNF continues to support Israel’s communities in the south
Ramat HaNegev community on the border with Egypt. They immediately absorbed over 2,000 evacuees from the Gaza Envelope communities and continue to provide them with all necessary support – housing, schooling, mental help support, workshops to battle trauma etc. JNF Australia is grateful for the generous support of our community that enables us to help and support those who need it most.